Quick and easy, absolutely delicious pancake recipe that tastes just like a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie, only kind-of healthy!
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 5 mins
Serves: 5-6 small pancakes
- 1 ripe medium organic banana
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 organic cage-free egg (or flax egg which the recipe calls for)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon non-GMO almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon organic unrefined coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 3 Tablespoons non-GMO almond milk (or sub other milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 1/4 cup organic whole wheat (or unbleached) all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons organic semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat or about 300-325 degrees F.
- If using flax egg, prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed meal and water and letting set for 3-5 minutes.
- Mash your ripe banana with baking powder.
- Add egg, coconut oil, salt, vanilla, almond butter, almond milk and stir.
- Stir in oats and flour until just combined.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and fold gently.
- Scoop scant 1/4 cup measurements onto lightly greased griddle.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side – until golden brown.
- Serve plain or with a small drizzle of maple syrup and a few additional chocolate chips for melting.
Recipe (wich slight modifications) and pancake photo credit: Minimalist Baker