I’m not going to lie, dressing for the summertime is easily my least favorite season to dress for – because, well, there’s not really much to it – it’s kind of boring! However, I’ve found a few easy (and inexpensive) tricks to excite and brighten up my basic uniform of white t-shirts and cut-offs this season.
Here are my summertime staples:
- A girly white ruffled sleeve tee: it’s great for playing with the kids during the day, and easily transitions to night by simply throwing on a statement necklace.
- A classic black tank: same rule above applies 😉
- Distressed denim (shorts and jeans): pretty much all day. every day. every night.
- A statement necklace: Kate Spade (R.I.P.) makes some of the very best! However, the one pictured above is from J.Crew Factory.
- Chandelier earrings: I have the most beautiful gold danglies from Old Navy (yes, Old Navy…that I purchased like 2 years ago) that I wear as often as possible…they’re fabulous…and obviously super inexpensive!
- Blush-toned tote – or blush-toned anything: If I could get away with wearing head-to-toe blush-toned everything this season without looking completely naked, I would…but, I can’t, so I’ll just have to sacrifice and simply carry a blush-toned tote.
- An (unlikely) neutral colored clutch – I have this amazing orange leather clutch by Laggo (from my Aunt Joette – thank you!) that I absolutely love! Believe it or not, but orange really does kind-of-go-with-everything!
- Metallic slides – I have a super comfy pair of gold sandals that you will literally find me in…all day. every day! And, because their metallic gold, they easily and effortlessly dress up any oh-so-basic and casual outfit. Easy. Done. Buy yourself a pair. Like, right now, if you don’t have them!
- Wedge sandals – I have an amazing (and totally affordable) pair of Jessica Simpson wedges that are mustard yellow suede and brown leather that I can easily wear from day to night…and, again…they too, go with everything!
- Pink matte lip gloss – currently loving Bare Mineral’s Matte Liquid Lipstick in Swag and Fresh. Perhaps, rather surprising, but I really love a matte gloss even during the summer months, because, I think it’s the perfect balance to a dewy fresh face.
- Blush/bronzer/illuminating trio – my favorite is Jane Iredale’s contour kit! They offer both a warm and cool pallet…perfect for everyone!
I know dressing for the warmer months isn’t the most exciting time to dress, but I hope my little tips and tricks give you and your wardrobe a little extra umph this season!